This article reviews the executive MBA program provided by the Northwestern University. Article also highlights background, admission requirements, cost and future job prospects of Northwestern 1 Year MBA.
Northwestern University with Executive MBA Program – Background
The Kellogg School of Management is the private business school associated with the Northwestern University. The school was established in 1908 and since then has partnered with many numerous schools and instates internationally to provide the most award winning business degrees such as their Northwestern 1 year MBA.
The Executive 1 Year MBA Program
The Northwestern 1 year MBA is available to professional applicants that are ready to jump back into the work force as soon as they can. These one year MBA courses allow applicants to begin in the summer session and be ready to graduate the following June. Applicants in these Northwestern 1 year MBA programs get to experience an accelerated course where they will be conducting the same classes as second year MBA students after the initial summer session. These programs are designed to be accelerated but still allow applicants to compete in clubs, groups, associations, and other online campus activities that will help to strengthen their personal resumes.
Northwestern University with Executive MBA Program – Why Choose
1 year MBA applicants are able to experience almost everything that a more traditional two year MBA applicant is able to experience.
- Applicants for these 1 year programs are awarded a unique opportunity to conduct their class studies through the summer. Only a select handful of students are able to conduct their studies during the summer and have access to their fill of administration, faculty, and staff. These applicants are awarded one on one time with mentors.
- 1 year applicants are eligible for recruitment seasons where corporations come in to recruit the perfect candidate for their jobs.
- The 1 year MBA looks impressive on a resume because it shows that the applicant is determined and self-motivated
The only experience that the Northwestern 1 year MBA students miss out on is the summer internship that the more traditional two year MBA students participate in.
The Cost of the Program
The full total cost of the 1 year MBA program at the school is $120,427. This includes everything from tuition to room and board and travel expenses. Many 1 year MBA applicants are sponsored by the companies that they work for. However, there are many opportunities for financial aid for qualified applicants.
How does it Work?
The accelerated MBA program is unique because it demands that applicants already have a previous business degree. This is to ensure that the applicant has a firm understanding of the core curriculum and the foundation of business. Once this connection is established applicants are able to receive credit or by pass the core curriculum and dive straight into the second year MBA courses and focus more on personalizing their MBA experience.
The requirements of Northwestern University with Executive MBA Program includes:
- 15 hour work loads are required but the applicant may choose to undertake more at their discretion
- In order to waive certain core classes an undergraduate business degree must have been completed