This article reviews the importance of MBA Accreditation when being applied to the MBA programs.
What is a MBA Program?
A MBA program is the abbreviated form of Master of Business Administration degree at many popular schools and universities. It is one of the most intense and most sought after business degree program available for business applicants to undertake. These programs are intended to lay down the foundation of business and business administration and help to create and educate the future leaders, entrepreneurs, and managers.
MBA Accreditation: Details
MBA accreditation is the single most important behind the scenes detail about any outstanding MBA program. MBA accreditation can be from any approved agency for internationally recognized accreditation agencies to local known accrediting agencies. Accrediting a program means that the program or university has undergone a strict review and been found to teach level appropriate information.
MBA Accreditation – Importance
There are many reasons that attending an accredited program essential for one’s education.
- MBA accreditation shows the world that the quality of education you are receiving is the same level as the education you should be receiving.
- In the United States and many other countries applicants that are seeking to gain financial aid will not be awarded financial aid unless they are conducting an accredited business program. It doesn’t matter if the class is online or through a normal classroom setting as long as its accredited applicants can receive financial aid.
- Applicants that are attending an accredited school will find the search for post-graduation job prospects easier than they anticipated. Many employers will only hire applicants that have completed a master degree program that has underwent accrediting.
- Students that have completed an approved program will find that their salary potential will have improved and might have doubled what they were making before.
- Accredited programs allow for outstanding network opportunities. In the business world networking is one of the most essential components to success. It allows applicants to be immersed in a diverse business world where they can derive experience from past graduates of the accredited programs.
MBA Accreditation: List of Different Accreditation Agencies
Different countries have different sets of accreditation that are all similar to each other. There are also internationally recognized accreditation. Below is a list comprised of some of the different named agencies that work to accredit business schools and MBA programs:
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
- Middle State Association of Colleges and Schools
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- National Business Education Accreditation Council
- Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation
- Association of MBAs
- European Quality Improvement System
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
The above listed accrediting agencies is just a short list of the numerous accrediting agencies for MBA Accreditation. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the program they are wishing to undertake is an accredited MBA program and can be applied to whatever business field the applicant chooses.