This article reviews the Cornell 1 Year MBA program at Johnson Graduate School of Management at Cornell University.
Cornell 1 Year MBA at Johnson Cornell University
The Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management is the private Ivey league business school associated with Cornell University. The school was established in 1946 and since then has been offering the world very prestigious business degrees including the Cornell 1 year MBA.
Cornell 1 Year MBA – Background
This Cornell 1 year MBA opportunity is available for campus based students that starts out with summer courses in Ithaca, New York and then moves the program to New York City to immerse the students in one of the fastest paced business environments in the world. The program is designed to target professional applicants that have already established their career who are seeking to continue their education to solidify their job security or to venture into new professional territory. This Cornell 1 year MBA program also offers academic credit for previous professional degrees and certifications from around the world. The following certifications are deemed eligible to receive academic credit:
- Project Management Institute
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- Institute of Chartered Financial Accountants: This is the international version of a CPA
- Society of Actuaries
- Certified Public Accountant or CPA
The Program Structure
The program starts with a summer session in Ithaca, New York which is where the main campus of the school resides. During that summer session the students will learn the following basics:
- The groundwork of business and business administration
- Developing and building networking strategies
- Learning how to be entrepreneurial thinkers and how to bring innovation to their careers
- Learn how to work as a team
Once the summer session has been completed the students will then relocated for nine months to New York City to immerse themselves in one of the most fast paced business environments available in the world. Once students commence studies in New York City they will be learning the following:
- The applicant will begin the accelerated coursework
- Experience an international study trip
- Have the opportunity to put their taught experience into practice at the NYC Tech corporations.
The Cost of the Program
Applicants that are conducting this Cornell 1 year MBA have options available to them such as a dual MBA with Kellogg School of Management. Applicants can choose to conduct their whole executive MBA program in Ithaca or they can experience the New York MBA experience. They even have online options to help them complete their degrees on time.
- Applicants wishing to participate in just the Ithaca program will be charged $123,130 for the full program.
- Applicants wishing to participate in the New York experience will be charged $133,038 for the full program.
Additional charges may be applied based on other factors such as dependents and student status. Financial aid is available to qualified applicants.
The Cornell 1 Year MBA program requires:
- GMAT score must be close to 710
- Minimum of 5 years work experience required