This article reviews AACSB accredited Online MBA programs.
AACSB Accreditation Online MBA – Background
The AACSB accreditation stands for the Association of Advanced Collegiate Schools of Business. The AACSB is the international standard for accreditation in business and accounting programs for all levels of higher education. The goal of this accreditation is to provide an internationally recognized agency to ensure that higher education institutes are working to pursue excellence and to continue to strive for improvement and success through their business schools and programs. The AACSB is one of the most recognized forms of accreditation that a business school can be awarded. The AACSB accredited online MBA programs is one of the programs that are offered through many prestigious business schools.
AACSB Accreditation Online MBA – Why Choose
There are many reasons that an applicant might choose to conduct their online studies through an AACSB approved program.
- An applicant might choose an AACSB accredited online MBA if they were aiming for a career as a faculty of staff member at a prestigious business school or university
- Applicants that are choosing to pursue executive level positions in companies particularly Fortune 500 companies
- Applicants might choose this type of MBA program because more companies are offering sponsorship for AACSB accredited online MBA courses. There is also reimbursement opportunities from some companies for applicants that complete these courses.
- A degree with this accreditation is considered highly sought after and prestigious and will open doors in all professional business arenas.
- This accreditation looks impressive and can benefit applicants that do not have sufficient professional experience prior to conducting their MBA programs.
- You enjoy the challenge of meeting all the strict requirements needed for admission into the courses.
The Cost of the Courses
Because the AACSB accreditation is considered internationally recognized and prestigious, programs that have received this accreditation do cost slightly higher than their other MBA counterparts. The average rate for these online courses is $37,011. However, depending on the school these programs can range from $20,000-$160,000.
- AACSB accredited business schools have similar but stricter guidelines for admission than normal business schools and only take the best of the qualified applicants.
- Applicants must supply high GMAT scores as well as maintain high GPA scores
- Applicants are normally required to have undergraduate degrees in business or business administration
- The applicant must supply high language assessment scores if this requirement is applicable for their chosen school
Where Can You Get an AACSB Accredited Online MBA?
There are many schools that offer this specialized online program. Below is a list of a few of the schools that offer these online MBA programs.
- Southeast Missouri State University: This school offers one of the most inexpensive business administration programs available charging $16,814 for nonresidents.
- Aston University: This UK based school offers a comprehensive online experience for MBA applicants
Duke University: This institute offers one of the most expensive AACSB Accredited Online MBA available ranging from $154,000
- Cardiff University: This Wales based institute offers a comprehensive experience for MBA applicants.